1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: SUPER Deal on Catalina 27

Saturday, May 24, 2014

SUPER Deal on Catalina 27

 This is not my normal post, but I think that, given the circumstances here - and the fact this is MY blog, I'm going to do this just this once. Someone in this group is looking for a nice boat, and this just might be the one.
I've come across a sweet little boat, a 1984 Catalina 27, that I've picked up from the owner and can pass on to you for a very good price.
The boat's name is Little Soul, and she is currently in south Florida. The current owner can't afford two boats, so he's let this one go. The engine is new, has about 10 or so hours on it. Runs beautifully. The genoa is in good shape. The main needs two small patches (which I can easily do on my Sailrite), she comes with a new depth sounder, nearly new VHF, tiller pilot, has wheel steering, 25# CQR anchor, bimini, Plastimo bulkhead compass.

On Yachtworld, the identical boat is listed at $15,990 -http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1984/Catalina-27-2696357/Southeast/MI/United-States#.U4C3X5TO2e9
What does this boat need? A good cleaning, which I'll have done professionally here. You can see photos here on LiveBloggin at http://bloggingtheicw.blogspot.com/p/catalina-27-for-sale.html
This boat is selling for $4k, and I can arrange delivery if it's needed. A couple of people have been curious about trailering this boat - as you can see by the photo, it's do-able, even with a smaller vehicle like the one shown.
If you're looking for a great first sailboat, this boat is the one.  Just google Catalina 27 and see what others have to say. You can email me at northchannelsailing@gmail.com