1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: Speaking out....

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Speaking out....

I've been making fabulous time up the east coast, but the last several days have all been inland on the ICW, pouring rain on top of that - but today, got to sail the Albermarle Sound, the winds were just right - a 6 - 6.5 knot ramble from the Alligator Pungo Canal to the north end of the Sound...ahhhhhhhhh. Then, turned into the wind and fired up the diesel and putt putt putt the rest of the way, to Great Bridge, VA, where I am now. At least it wasn't raining...
Because of the bridge/lock schedule, I'm leaving here at 3 am - otherwise, there's no point in leaving until 9 in the morning when the bridge here reopens after rush hour. If I wait for that, I'll lose the entire day to bridge restrictions for rush hours and I'm racing now to get back so that I can get up to Canada for the Port Credit Boat Show this coming weekend.
I'll be speaking there on the ICW (three seminars) and on Cuba (one, on Saturday) - here's the schedule:

So, now you have no excuse for missing me this weekend! 
Some other exciting news - I'm also speaking at a special ICW seminar in Annapolis. This day long seminar is being hosted by SAIL Magazine, and features a roster of well qualified speakers, all with extensive experience of cruising the ICW, as well as cruising in general. This will be a very educational day for those who have an ICW trip in their future. A question and answer forum will be held at the end of the day, then  - of course! - a happy hour. Hey, we're sailors!
There is room for 140 people - 40 of those seats were booked even before we officially opened for registration, and as of late last week, I believe that 90 eager and excited wannabe/gonnabe cruisers had plunked down their money for a seat.
For more information on the ICW seminar in Annapolis, click here
Now, a few hours sleep and back at it...