1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: Shocking....

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Shocking....

Well, the Port Credit Boat Show went well, and I had the pleasure of meeting many new, wannabe cruisers, as well as several old friends. A good time was had by all.
I just completed an article on boat wiring and safety for SAIL, basing it on the experience of having a small electrical fire on Gypsy Wind, and while doing so, came across the following online article on boat electrical systems - click here - and I recommend that everyone reads it. It discusses some major safety oriented issues. For example, when you unplug your boat from shore power, you should turn off the power at the pedestal before disconnecting the plug. I didn't know that.
I'll leave it to you to read the article and discover why.
More later, but at the moment, I'm busy with several writing assignments - but didn't want anyone to think I had forgotten you here!
Enjoy your Labour Day weekend everyone.