1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: Road Town, Tortola.....ahhhhhhhhh!

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Road Town, Tortola.....ahhhhhhhhh!

Blue, blue, my world is blue - Blue is my world...
Arrived by fast ferry in Sopers Hole, West End, Tortola, yesterday around 5:30. Did the entire trip from St. Thomas on the bow of the ferry taking the most amazing photos, which I am putting together as a video for you to enjoy....this place is absolutely gorgeous. Had dinner at Pussers and yes, I had a Painkiller.....and yes, it was FABULOUS, beyond fabulous in fact - perhaps even better than Pussers in Annapolis, and God knows, the view was superb....all I need now to make life perfect is a beautiful woman who is free to travel, appreciates Painkillers, tropical sun, sailing and gorgeous beaches...any takers? I know one person who likes all of these....(impish smile here)...but her circumstances don't permit her to travel outside the country now...I'm sure there are others, lol.....remember, like my father used to tell me, you only live once, so enjoy it. Seriously, do you really want to work forever, or would you rather enjoy life?
Currently in Road Town, which is at the top of the bay
in the center of the bottom of the island
Tomorrow, the wife of a cruising friend is coming down to visit, I haven't seen these folks since we traveled down the ICW with them six or seven years ago. They now own a house here....how nice is that?
We (the crew and myself) hope to rent a car and do some exploring tomorrow, since the new mainsail won't arrive until Monday. We'll sail over to St. Thomas, about 25 miles, to pick it up, then leave from there for Fajardo, Puerto Rico.
Yes, life is good - especially when no one is shooting at you! Stay tuned for the video, coming soon...