1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: Flying into St. Thomas, USVI - Heaven on Earth...

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Flying into St. Thomas, USVI - Heaven on Earth...

View on the drive in...
How to describe it? Gorgeous would be one word. It's a mixture of all the tropical places I've been to - Key West, South Africa, Tahiti, Philppines - everyplace but the Bahamas. It's mountainous, with gorgeous blue water, beautiful beaches, anchorages around every corner, and funky and tropical, all at the same time.
Wait - what was that?....something just happened outside - there were seven or eight gunshots, fast. One of the other guests asked if it was fireworks - someone said no, it was gunshots. We're all headed to the parking lot...details when I return.
One of the anchorages...

My room....

Patio to my room...

Local shrimp dinner, spiced to perfection...

Courtyard outside my room...