1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: Tortola, BVI bound...

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Tortola, BVI bound...


Yes, it can be a tough life out here, sipping a cold one as the sun goes down...
Hi everyone - ok, first chance I've really had in the past while to get personal, it's been really busy. Hope everyone enjoyed the dolphin and penguin videos - I really enjoyed researching them, saw a lot of fun stuff before I chose them.
The new mainsail is almost done - would have been by now except for some unanticipated challenges...like the fact I really do not know how to sew...

Not only that, but there are a couple of projects I've been working on, such as the group rally south for cruisers this fall - that will start in the Great Lakes and go to Miami....I'm also planning a series of webinars for cruisers, to be hosted on Google Hangouts. I've got some superb presenters lined up for this, and the website I've prepared will knock your socks off....oh, wait, we're boaters, who owns socks? Anyhow, I'll give you more details shortly.
Right now, my current exciting news is that I'm off to Tortola in the near future for a boat delivery. I've been hired to bring back a Beneteau 36 to Georgia, where I am currently staying, and then I'll buddy boat from here to the Chesapeake with the owner. I'll blog from the trip when and as I can, with an emphasis on the neat places we'll be stopping - such as Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic and the Bahamas.
I know, I know, this is onerous, but I do it all for you! Really, I do!
btw - a big shout out to Wendy and Mike, who left their marina at Port Credit Ontario on their Gulfstar 37, Ohana, to commence their cruise. Now they only got a few miles, to Mimico Yacht Club, but they've formally cut the lines to the dock. They'll be heading out the St. Lawrence, and then south from there...eventually. You can follow their adventures on their blog, Wind in My Dreams.