1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: The Toronto Boat Show....

Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Toronto Boat Show....

....always a great time, this boat show was no different, with only a different cast of characters. A busy and fun time, despite the mother of all colds, from which I'm still recovering. Nothing like trying to do a two hour seminar when you can't breathe....but we perservered, and the crowds were gentle with me.
I'm recovering tonight with a swim and hot sauna here at the Westin Harbourcastle, and a nice bottle of wine, listening to some great sailing music on YouTube - here are tonight's hits, so you can listen along - some of the best tall ship video I've ever seen, with Jimmy singing a hit not heard nearly often enough... and I think this video will have special appeal to an imp from Newfoundland whose father was a sea captain...

Here's another classic, to my mind one of the best sailing songs ever - when you close your eyes, you can almost feel yourself on board the ship....Loggins and Messina, and if your momma's not dancin',it's because she's hard a'lee to this tune....
And last, but surely not least, one of my favourite, if not all time favourite sailing tunes....I was playing this as I sailed past Christian Island in Georgian Bay last summer...one day I'll upload that video for you....in the meantime, enjoy, and - thanks Gord! More on the boat show, next post.