1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: On the Road Again....

Thursday, November 1, 2012

On the Road Again....

Friday morning I'm away from Port Dover and some great new friends and on my way to Port Colborne, my last Canadian stop until I return for the Toronto Boat Show in January....book your seats now!
The weather following Sandy is cold, and I'm told by cruisers as far south as New Jersey that it's cold there as well. I'm praying for an Indian summer, or at least some sunshine as I move south.
Hurricane Sandy has caused havoc on the Jersey coast and also on the Hudson River, which means I'll face some challenges for that entire distance. Not the least will be getting fuel, and water also - there are fuel shortages and lineups on land and the marina situation will not be better, oh no. 
The problem for me will be that most marinas on this stretch will be out of commission. A secondary issue is that, since most fuel tanks are under the ground, and the ground has been flooded at most marinas - is the fuel any good - presuming the marina is able to even pump it. Fortunately, I have two jerry jugs carrying ten gallons. With a full tank from as close to New York as I can get, or in Barnegat or Manasquan if possible, I should make Cape May. Of course, I can always hope there is wind enough to sail (sigh)...
btw, for anyone interested, a 50 foot boat has gone missing - entirely gone - on the Hudson River.....