1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: Thanks everyone...

Friday, September 7, 2012

Thanks everyone...

Who knew? I was so exhausted the other night...I had intended to save the last post (http://tinyurl.com/8g5z37w) to review in the morning, and instead, posted it without realizing I had done so. 
All I can say is thanks for the thoughtful and caring posts from several of you...they were very much appreciated. I've done all that I can do and whatever happens is now out of my hands. Now I understand how a parent feels when a grown child goes and does something foolish, or dangerous - you live in fear of the worst because you care, yet there's nothing you can do but hope that person comes to their senses before they are badly hurt, or worse. It's not a fun feeling. 
The sad part is knowing I've lost a friend who mattered in my life - but I think that feeling goes both ways here and that this sadness is not being felt by me alone, when there are no funny text messages, or cute email forwards, or just a cheery 'hello', because . Funny how it's the little things that can mean so much in a friendship, isn't it?
I'll be back with some sailing stories in the next day or two - I'm just wrapping up a writing assignment, and haven't had a lot of time to put to this blog in the past couple of weeks. And, of course, I'll be preparing to head south soon....and back to the ICW.