1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: Annapolis is bad for your health...

Monday, May 14, 2012

Annapolis is bad for your health...

...more accurately, you're liver's health, especially if you have friends like Mike, Dennis, Jeff, Joe, Cheryl, Michelle, Matt, Crystal...which is not to discount friends such as James, Joe, Pat, Susan, Troy and the Timinator® in St. Simons, GA, who are equally as dangerous!
I have managed, barely, to survive my first weekend back in Annapolis. Friday evening, Mike and I got together for a brew at the Boatyard. That led to Pussers (Kathy, you like that place don't you, or is it their Painkillers, lol?), then Middletons....you get the picture? Got to hear some good music at Middletons, which has always had good bands if you enjoy classic rock and roll and dancing. I do believe we also dropped into the Rockfish and a couple of other pubs...it must be age, my memory isn't quite what it used to be. Yeah, that's it - age!
Saturday, I felt it important to relax (read sleep in and recuperate) and work on the boat, then visit some friends at the nearby marina. Perhaps read up on memory enhancing techniques...
Sunday - oh oh, here we go again. Got a call from Dennis, everyone is meeting at Pussers...well, that took care of the afternoon and Aduana made all kinds of new friends while I reacquainted myself with some of my old ones. While shuffling - er, walking - back to the boat from Pussers, who do I run into but Joe and his lovely new ladyfriend Amy, and Joe's brother, at Davis' pub - so near to my boat and safety, but too late, too late. 
Sat down, chatted, then Joe suggests I check out his new place, we'll play some music (Joe's plays guitar and sings, I sing, badly) and perhaps have a Fat Tyre (type of beer) or three and some laughs. Well, a good time was had by all....Aduana got into what was left of the shrimp dip while no one was watching, and turned her nose up at her kibble later...spoiled pooch.
We won't discuss what time I got back, but I've never seen the streets of Annapolis so quiet. 
Thank God for Mondays...