1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: Melbourne meditating....

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Melbourne meditating....

Ok, so I've been feeling alliterative lately, sue me! I'm now in Melbourne FL, tied dockside at a friend's place here in not quite enough water. Al, who barbecues a great filet, and Joyce, who mixes a mean martini (according to rumour, I don't do martinis, long story for another time!), have a lovely home on a canal here and invited me to drop by.
Tonight, I joined them at a meeting of the East Coast Sailing Association, met some interesting folks. One of them, a woman, is looking for crew to sail this spring from here to New York, then New York to Bermuda, then Bermuda back to Florida - or any part thereof - in a 35 foot trimaran. Sounds like an interesting trip, if you're interested, let me know and I'll pass on her email address.
With power washer in hand....
Spent the afternoon with a pressure washer, cleaning up the deck...boat looks much nicer now. Cleaned the bimini and dodger also...then we retired to have a beer!



Here's a shot of Al and I at his dock...he's got a lovely Island Packet 31, great boat, you can just see the genoa to the left.  


From here, it'll be on to Fort Pierce, then probably offshore to Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale and then Miami - all nice offshore runs and the wind promises to be out of the north for the next few days, making these great sailing. 
Ahhhhhh....