1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: Apres OOOOPS!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Apres OOOOPS!

Well, by the time the tide rose enough to float Gypsy Wind, it was too late to head out - and the weather had gotten nasty - rain and strong winds from the south (warm though, about 70). So, here I am still in Southport.
That's ok, it's a nice place. Spent the afternoon working on a few boat projects, so the day wasn't wasted.
I received an invitation to speak at Morningstar Marina in St. Simon's Sound from James, one of the group following this blog. So if you're in the area on January 7, come on out and have a listen. I'll do my best to be entertaining!
Tomorrow, I'll head off again, may even spring for dockage at Barefoot Landing so as to cover a bit more distance and shorten the next day's trip to Georgetown, which generally makes for a long, long day. I typically come into Georgetown at this time of year in the dark - and while I'm ok with that, it's never as easy as when you can see what's in front of you.
By the way - love to see more comments here - sailing plans, Christmas plans, whatever - liven the joint up a bit! Tell me what's going on in your life.