1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: Join me for a Webinar on Cuba, FROM Cuba!

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Join me for a Webinar on Cuba, FROM Cuba!

Hola! I’m back to civilization from the beautiful anchorages of the Jardin del Rei, the cays of the north central coast of Cuba. It’s been quite the trip, a lot has changed for cruisers traveling in Cuba - while a great deal has not changed at all. If I had to sum it all up, I’d say things are better, and in some ways easier, than in the past.
I met some fascinating folks on this trip, had some interesting adventures, and learned a great deal more about what makes Cuba tick.
I’m currently at the new marina in Varadero. It’s quite the place all on its own. Currently at 600 slips, it’s huge, and by the end of 2015, so marina manager Tonia tells me, it will be at 1000 slips, making it the largest marina in the Caribbean. And with perhaps a half dozen transient boats, the least occupied by far. In fact, my Spanish cruising buddy, Carlos, and I have the only two occupied boats in the marina.
My next stop will be Marina Hemingway, to see what’s new there, and to spend some time once again in Havana.
This is where it gets exciting - I’m going to conduct the world’s FIRST Cruisers’ “Hangout in Havana”, live from here in Cuba. This will be an hour long webinar conducted via Google Hangout.
During the Cruisers’ Hangout, I’ll be discussing what it’s like to cruise in Cuba, describe what’s changed, and talk about the changes in the status of American cruisers, and what we might expect in the future.
If the state of the local internet here in Cuba permits it, I’ll be showing video and photos of Cuba to give viewers a taste of what to expect, and at the end of the webinar, I’ll answer as many questions as I possibly can from viewers.
This webinar will be a preview to my seminar on Cuba at the Annapolis Boat Show later this fall, where I’ll be presenting on this topic for Cruising World. If you’re in Annapolis, you won’t want to miss this.
The Cruisers’ “Hangout in Havana” will be Monday night, August 3, at 7:30 eastern time, and will be an hour long, longer if the internet signal permits it. To sign up, click over to ...https://plus.google.com/events/c78b009eikt594h63jgsnsmkhe8
Hasta mañana.....see you in Havana!